5 Simple Steps to Turn Your Business into a Success Without Spending a Fortune!
One of the absolute essentials for building a successful business from scratch is doing just one thing and doing it incredibly well, and that is building your repeat customer base. If more of your current customers continue to come back for more of your products and services, it won’t be long until they draw more first-time customers who can then become repeat buyers and then generate more sales and revenue for your business. That is the very definition of business success. So, how do you do that and where do you begin? I have created a simple five step outline that you can use starting today, no matter what type of business you in, where you are located, or what your products or services are. And, if you are just getting started setting up your business you will want to use this as your Customer Experience roadmap. So, here we go…
Step 1 to Business Success: Provide a Memorable Customer Experience
- Create an amazing entrance to your business no matter if it is your homepage or front entrance to your traditional brick and mortar
- Be Polite and use your best manners.
- Treat each customer as your most important
- Pay attention to the details of your customers experience
- Learn about your customers so you can personalize their experience such as using their name.
- Take a tip from Disney and look for ways to create a moment and a memory
- Make sure your customer’s know how much you appreciate them.
- Look for opportunities to surprise and delight. Notice, and when appropriate act on, even the tiniest scraps of information you observe or discover about a guest that will enhance their experience.
The longer you can cultivate a relationship with each of your customers the more loyal they will become. You will be their vendor of choice when it comes to your product or service that you provide for them. A happy customer that feels like they have a personal relationship with you will be the one of the most effective marketing and advertising tools that you can invest in. It is a natural chain reaction for them to advertise for you by telling their friends and acquaintances about you, your business, and your products and services that you provide. If you already have a website, ask if your best customers would mind offering a testimonial that you could post. If they are concerned about their privacy it is perfectly acceptable to use just their first name, last initial, and the nearest general metro area where your place of business is located. If you can get them to be more forth coming even better, but always be respectful. Remember, nothing is more important than your relationship with customer and that includes the use of their testimonial.
If you have your website with a customer comment section links to your social media platforms where they can leave comments and engage with other customers, you will have access to a virtual goldmine of information that will help you forecast buying trends and future sales. Treat this information respectfully. If you violate your customers trust here, you might as well hang a “For Sale” sign on your front door.
Step 2: Exceed Customer Expectation
- Nothing impresses a customer more than an employee who goes, “above and beyond the call of duty” to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Show that you care about them personally
- If you cannot meet your customers’ needs and expectations, then offer options for other sources, even if it is a competitor
- When offering options to your customer, you will also need to give them the information that will help them to make the best decision for their situation. Most customers prefer just two or three options.
Step 3: Create a Company Wide Standard of Excellence
- Every aspect of your business should be driven by a focus on your customer
- What so my customers need and how can I best provide it?
- Have a written plan for ensuring excellence in customer service
- Create clearly defined company-wide service standards that are measurable
- As the owner or boss, you need to walk your talk consistently and lead your staff by example
We know this may be a lot to digest in one go. As a result, we have created Business Genesis to help you. It is our premier online business course for entrepreneurs to help you build and grow your own business doing what you love AND actually creating an income. We also have included free tools to help you implement what you learn as you go so that by the time you finish the course you already upgraded your business and customer base. You can get started Right Here!
Step 4 to Business Success: Keep In Touch After the Sale
Repeat customers cost less than new ones. One of the things that cause most entrepreneurs and small business owners the most anxiety is laying out large sums of cash for an advertising campaign. They tend to be very expensive while yielding little in actual results. You know you need to actively and consistently attract customers if your business is to be successful and generate a substantial income to meet your expenses, pay salaries, and provide an income for your family. What if there was a way to cultivate growth in your customer base without having to spend all that extra money?
Well guess what? There is! Studies show that it’s less expensive to bring existing customers back than to attract new ones. It makes sense, considering the expense of advertising, marketing, media, and other tools necessary to lure new customers. So how do you do that?
- Offer opportunities for customer feedback
- A telephone call or a hand-written letter sent in a timely fashion after a sale shows the customer that your business cares about their experience
- Ask open ended questions to give your customer opportunities to express perceptions, attitudes, both positive and negative about your business and its quality of service
- Follow-up and customer feedback will enable your business to emphasize those things that are most important and most critical to your customers.
Step 5: Deal effectively with the difficult customers
- All employees should be trained and experienced in handling difficult customers.
- Listen first, then speak.
- Use the mirror technique to reflect back to your customer what he or she is saying to you in a way that the customer knows that you are listening and feels that you care.
- Show empathy, looking directly at the customer while you are listening.
- Be unwilling to stop until it is right.
- Difficult customers can be an asset for excellence because valuable information is likely to come out in the frustration of the moment that otherwise might be kept private.
Business Genesis is a Step-by-Step Online Training Course That Shows You How to Start, Grow, and Market Your Own Successful Business Doing What You Love!
Everything you need to guide your very first steps is laid out for you in simple , easy to understand and organized modules with easily accessible lessons.
Business Genesis shows you exactly how to create financial security and build your brand and customer base, shows what works in marketing your business to the world, and guides you how to leave a legacy of success with tips and tools to help you build financial security and positive impact on your local and internet community.
You can finally enjoy the freedom of doing something you love and generating an income you can actually live on. Get Started Now!
I hope this was helpful to you and that you will begin to implement these five steps into your own business starting today. To smooth your path and guide you on your way to building your own successful business, I would encourage you to get your own personal copies of Business Genesis and the Small Business Toolkit Together they will help walk you through each step of building a successful business before you invest a ton of time, money, and resources. Both will save you years of mistakes, wasted money, and worry.
I hope this has given you a little guidance. If you have a question of your own please feel free to post it in the comments below. Chances are if you are asking it, so are hundreds of others and that is why your question is an important one! If you need more in depth help, please feel free Contact Us and send us your questions. We love hearing from you and about your business! If you think this post would benefit someone else, please feel free to share it with them and we would love to connect with you on Twitter @SpectrumBizllc or join us on Reddit