How To Create Your Path Forward to Business Success!
Q: Is market research actually useful for successful growth of a small business? D. James Palo Alto, CA. USA
Knowing your target customer is the key to creating a path forward to business success. In particular, for a small business. However, to many small business owners this task can seem daunting. Let’s break it down into a few simple steps.
As a result, you as a business owner will have a much better understanding of who your customers are and just what it is that your ideal customer is looking for which is key in generating more sales and growing your business. So let’s get started.
The First Step Toward Business Success is Creating Your Plan of Action.
We actually recommend that you start by launching your own campaign. This will provide you with invaluable information and it is one of the best results getting methods I know that costs next to nothing to implement thanks to the Internet.
The best place to begin when embarking on your first marketing campaign is to determine your goal. Is it growing your customer base? Do you want to reach a specific revenue goal? Is your goal to clear out old inventory? In order to do that, you need to ask yourself three questions.
1. Who are you talking to?
2. What do you want to accomplish?
3. Identify the final result you want to achieve?
Who are you talking to?
Are you talking to customers or prospects? Who are you reaching out to? Industry experts and peers, or to followers of your brand? No matter who you’re talking to, it’s a good idea to dig a little deeper and ask:
- Describe who your audience are and what they like?
- How much do they know about my business, products, or services?
- What do they expect?·
- Why would they want to hear from me?
The more you know about who they are, the more focused you can make your message. In addition, the more focused your message is, the more effective it will be in creating business success. To help you accomplish this we have a Marketing Message Toolkit that you can download here. It will guide you step by step through everything we are talking about today and help you implement it into your business right away.
What Do You Want to Accomplish for Your Business Success?
Now that you know who you’re talking to, the purpose of your message starts to come to life on its own.
- Reward current customers with “insider” information or special members-only offers.
- Attract prospects by telling them who you are and why you’re better than your competition, and entice them with an introductory offer.
- If you have a big announcement to make or a new product, then you want to talk to industry leaders as well as your customers.
- Customers, prospects and industry leaders are vastly different audiences with different expectations, levels of knowledge and reasons for wanting to hear from you. Knowing what to say affects every step in the process.
Actionable Items for Creating Business Success
- Write down the goal of your email so you can judge whether or not the email helped you accomplish that goal.
- Describe who your audience is and what you know about them so when you compose your email you can make sure you are giving them relevant information.
- Take the time to come up with a plan before you hit send.
· If you want to expand your customer base, then you know you should talk to prospects.
· Increasing sales is your goal, then it makes sense to talk to customers and prospects.
· Do you have a big announcement to make or a new product? Then you at least want to talk to industry leaders and possibly customers.
· Know your goal BEFORE you send your email.
· Get to know your audience.
· Send the right message to the right audience.
Join The Fun!
You can join the fun on our Twitter, and Instagram and share your own success tips! We love hearing from you and read every post personally! If you have enjoyed this newsletter please feel free to pass it along to someone else who you think would also enjoy it.
Have a comment or question about this week’s post?
Let us hear from you! Post your own success stories or ask a question about how to move your own business forward to success! If you have a question about your business please feel free to Contact Us and send a personal message.
More Success Tips!
If you are looking for more practical hands-on help we have two other resources for you. First, we have created Business Genesis and our Small Business Toolkit for small business owners just like you to help you start and grow your own successful business and meet today’s challenges head-on with confidence. You can find yours right here.
Business Genesis is a Step-by-Step Online Training Course That Shows You How to Start, Grow, and Market Your Own Successful Business Doing What You Love!
Everything you need to guide your very first steps is laid out for you in simple , easy to understand and organized modules with easily accessible lessons.
Business Genesis shows you exactly how to create financial security and build your brand and customer base, shows what works in marketing your business to the world, and guides you how to leave a legacy of success with tips and tools to help you build financial security and positive impact on your local and internet community.
You can finally enjoy the freedom of doing something you love and generating an income you can actually live on. Get Started Now!